A child or a teenager can file a complaint with the Ombudsman, too

  • Are you being bullied at school but nobody cares?
  • Did your teacher treat you unfairly?
  • Did you not get a medical treatment you needed?Did a reform school punish you for something that other people had done?
  • Did a children’s home treat you in a way that was humiliating?Did a social worker not listen to your worries?
  • Or did some other public servant or authority treat you unfairly?
Responsive Image

Did you answer ‘yes’?

If your answer is ‘yes’, contact the Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman and tell us what happened. We will look into it and consider if the Parliamentary Ombudsman should step in.

Why would I complain to the Ombudsman?

Responsive Image
You can complain to the Ombudsman if you feel that you have been treated badly or unfairly, for instance at school or in a child protection institute.

For example, you can complain, if:

the health centre did not give you a treatment that you are entitled to
you have had to wait for a service or an authority’s response for too long…

But first…

You should, of course, first try and talk about the problem with a teacher or some other adult who could help in the matter.

And then

You can phone the Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman and ask for advice. The number is (09) 4321 (the receptionist will answer ‘eduskunta – riksdagen’ as this is the number of the Parliament’s exchange). Say that you want to talk to the Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman.